Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Education Sneak Attack in Marketing Videos: How to show your expertise AND entertain.

This video is a good example of the kinds of things that people will watch in social media and how you can weave your marketing message in.



I love corny jokes! The cornier the better and I've got a whole bunch of them! Being able to laugh at silly things is a big part of my personality. So, I want to show potential clients what it's like to spend time with me. You should give away a bit of your own shine when you make your videos.

This video might have been a little bolder than I should have attempted. Some people could have seen it and said, "what does this have to do with online marketing videos?" Though the trick is tying back whatever personal story you use or funny anecdote to your business. Give it context within your business.

In my last post I spoke of the place to use educational videos. This is one way to use educational videos and get people to watch them. Start with something funny, interesting, or a personal story that people would want to hear, then give it an educational connection.

So in this video I do speak about how telling jokes is making the point to let your personality through in your videos. I have snuck the education in and made it entertaining so people watch your videos.

A video with good information is no use if no one watches it.

Happy Filming!

Rebecca Cowan, M.A.
Television Producer and
Marketing Video Master

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED the "budum dump"! I also like how you weave in other images. I'd love to know how you edit those in so seamlessly. Looking forward to reading your e-book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    great post and nice to see you on video! Your personality definitely shines through, makes me wanna hang out with you -that's the point, right?!
    I get it!

    Franziska San Pedro
    The Abstract Impressionist Artress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah! This is so great! Your personality definitely shines. Hope to meet you someday!

    Alara K. Castell
    Your Sassy Spiritual Guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca,
    You are too darn cute! Thank you for sharing, so happy you are participating in the 7-Day Blogging Challenge - Yay!

    I have some new video out soon...you'll have to let me know what you think :-) I didn't tell a joke, but I actually sang in one of them...wait...I guess that's the joke! LOL!
    Brandy Mychals
    Speaker, Author, Communications Coach
    Creator of Split Second Perceptions

    ReplyDelete